Development Experience

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Add existing project to GIT ( XCode 5)


It was quite complicated for me to add existing project to GIT source control. I found this solution on stackoverflow.com . After following this steps I successfully commit my exiting project to bitbucket.  

  1. Quit Xcode (not sure if this is necessary but I do it just in case)
  2. Run Terminal
  3. Get into the project folder directory
  4. find .
  5. Find the file that says "UserInterfaceState.xcuserstate" and copy the entire filename up to the ./
  6. echo "paste the UserInterfaceState.xcuserstate file here" >.gitignore
  7. cat .gitignore
  8. git init
  9. git add .
  10. git commit -m "You can type a comment here like now under source control"

You now have a repository and your project is under source control


Good Luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment